**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Something on a Saturday


I almost had to double-check to make sure today was actually Saturday. Geez.

Just thought I'd give an update on Blind, seeing as it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to think about it:

Queries out: 13
Partials out: 1
Fulls out: 2!!

Two fulls out. Two. This struck me in a way only a writer can be struck. I remember back, however many years ago, when I was querying Giving Light. All I wanted in the world was a partial request, and each time I got one (which turned out to be three times), I screamed. Danced a little. Smiled like a lunatic for a few hours. I never even looked beyond that partial. Sure, I wanted to be published, but my mind was so stuck on the getting-a-partial step that I couldn't look ahead. If I had gotten a full request then, I think I may actually have fainted.

But now. Oh, now. How now makes me grin. I'm just -- humbled. That's a good word. Very humbled. Because that little 12-year-old who started writing Giving Light couldn't have even dreamed things would come her way. Sure, she wanted them, but in reality she never thought it through. And I know fulls can still be rejected, but for now I'm relishing in my humbleness. It's a nice place to be.

12 comments:

K. M. Walton said...

I wish you complete success. It is quite a journey isn't it?

Sara Raasch said...

Thanks, KM, and right back at ya :)

Oh my yes. The journey of journeys of my life.

Jill Wheeler said...

Woooooh! Awesomeness!

Natalie Whipple said...

Congrats, girl. That is a good feeling, as nerve wracking as it is at the same time. Much luck to you!

Sara Raasch said...

Thanks, Natalie!

Sara Raasch said...

And Jill ;)

ChristaCarol Jones said...

Yay Sara!!!! Oh how wonderful! You sound like you're on the same exact track as me. I have similar numbers. Hopefully you have better luck! Both my fulls and partial were R'ed *sniff* But query and conquer, right? I can't wait to hear the good news this MUST bring! :)

Sara Raasch said...

Christa: Thanks! Query and conquer, exactly! Hehe, that's catchy! I want that on a shirt...it's something we all need to be reminded of constantly. Query, and some day we shall conquer.

Never Settle said...

Speak it as if it were already. :o) As a writer, you can understand the great power of words!

I look forward to reading your best selling books someday.

Sara Raasch said...

Thanks, NS! Have you read "The Secret"? What you said sounds very similar to that. Very true :)

Never Settle said...

No, Sara, I haven't read the Secret. I took that from the Bible.

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue..." Proverbs 18:21 KJV

:o)

Sara Raasch said...

Haha, well, another good book ;)