**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Monday, December 21, 2009

Kiss Me


Today is a special day, folks. It has been declared Official Kissing Day Blogfest. How could I not participate?

(btw: I am loving all these unofficially official holidays people have been coming up with!)

So I suppose I should post (one of) my favorite kissing scene from one of my books, yes?

Hmm. So many, many to choose from...

Okay. Considering I have decided that no matter how amazing White Like Ashes becomes it will never be one of my hopefully-someday-published books, I will post my absolute favorite kissing scene from it. It's slightly PG-13 though, so be forewarned. In it, Evan has just had a rather jarring encounter with Jesse, her ex-boyfriend, and is running to her current boyfriend, Robbie. The rest is pretty self-explanatory.


Robbie pulled the door open after two knocks. “Something wrong?”
I ran my fingers through my hair to hide how they trembled. “The usual. I just – need you.”
A slow smile spread across his face. He stepped back, letting me in, and closed the door behind me. I dropped my coat and keys beside the TV, trying my hardest not to look at him. It wasn’t just a release for him. It was – real. The eagerness on his face, the happiness – god, it almost killed me.
Eyes closed, I threw myself into his arms and kissed him. His hands slid under my shirt, tracing my back, outlining each rib. My bra snapped open and his hands dove upward.
“Evan,” he whispered. The way he said it – I forced my lips over his and pushed him toward his futon.

I pulled Robbie down on top of me, pulled off his zip-up sweater, put everything into drowning in him. He undid my belt, moaning, his lips hovering over mine. Any other girl would’ve been overcome with it all. Any other girl would’ve disappeared beneath him, become a part of it. But as he tugged my jeans down, I didn’t disappear.
Jesse.
Faster, harder. Leave me alone!
Jesse.
I threw my legs around Robbie’s waist. Block it out. Make it stop.
Jesse.
Jesse was in my room. God, he was so sexy, standing there in his boxers, smiling at me, mischievous and eager, excited and terrified. He walked toward me. Took my hands. Kissed my forehead, my nose, my throat. The spot on my collar bone just above my tank top. His hands around my waist, pushing me down onto my bed. Kisses, all over my stomach, my thighs, my lips. Then in so deep I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t speak. Pain yet ecstasy pounding through my body, and his body on mine, his arms, the muscles in his arms, tracing them. God, he was so sexy. I wanted him, all of him, all over me, forever. I wanted him. I wanted him.
I wanted him to come when he said he would come. I wanted him to make sure I was okay after my dad’s funeral. I wanted him to stop by like he said he would. I wanted him to hold me with those arms, let me trace the lines of his muscles, let me cry. I wanted him. I wanted him.
Robbie exhaled, smiled, tucked his boxers back around his waist. He kissed me on the forehead, but the kiss didn’t echo at all. Just skin pressing against skin. He said something about getting ready for work. I nodded and pulled a tattered quilt over my body, watching him gather his factory uniform and slip it on.
“I gotta get going,” he said, bending down next to me. “The walk’s twice as long in the snow. Be here when I get back?”
I’m using you, Robbie. You shouldn’t want me here. “Okay.”
Robbie smiled and kissed me again, long and sweet. His hand lingered on my thigh, one of his fingers slipping through a hole in the fabric, and he moaned again. He stood, grabbed his work badge, and left.
I turned over and buried my face in his futon.


28 comments:

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

oly COW! What a scene...okay um, now I like HAVE to know the story.

Sara - wonderful. Thank you for making me blush, making me smile, and making me sad for the love she somehow lost & feels will never have again.

BTW I am loving wandering all these blogs for Kissing Day! It was so much fun to post one myself!

http://princesscourtneysbarr.blogspot.com

sorry - it deleted my comment at first ;o(

Donna Gambale said...

Wowza! Great post!

Renee Collins said...

Steamy!! And intriguing! Nice job, Sara. :)

Kelly Lyman said...

wow. thanks for leaving me speechless...

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Holy crap! Ummm when is your book coming out? Can I buy it now?? PLEASE?

Jade said...

That was a special kind of awesome!
Poor Robbie. Thinking about someone else...ouch!

Although, Jesse sounds hot!

V. S said...

I read it twice, I loved it that much!Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Yikes! That might not have been work appropriate...I certainly don't feel appropriate for work right now! Great tension, thanks for sharing!

The Blogger Girlz said...

DUDE...That was AWESOME! So steamy...So descriptive...I want MORE! :D

~Ella

Sara Raasch said...

Thanks everyone :) This might be the encouragement I need to keep writing this book...

Mary E Campbell said...

Oh My! Is this YA? Hot, very hot.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Wow. Very steamy and kinda sad, too :)

ChristaCarol Jones said...

*nervously glances around to make sure coffee shop occupants aren't reading over her shoulder* Phew, man girl, you got some talent there, missy. ;-)

Wish I knew it was kissing day, I missed it! Oh well, maybe next year. Merry Christmas!

Andrew Rosenberg said...

What the--
Who the heck is Jesse??
And why don't chicks use me like that????
;)

Good job!

Jill Wheeler said...

Woah!

*goes to take a cold shower*

Unknown said...

Wow, I was pretty much speachless and breathless after reading that scene. You're an excellent writer and I would read your book if it was published!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

That was smokin' and fast-paced, too. Great!

Karen Denise said...

Great scene! I want more, more, more!

Hayley Lovell said...

Ouch, poor Robbie, even though he doesn't know that still has got to hurt. I loved it though, and now I want to know about Jesse because I am such a sucker for the ex-boyfriends. *sigh* Sara, you are amazing, have I told you that recently? I loved this scene.

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

Oh man. Hot. And. Bothered. This scene made my heart race more than any other that I've read!

And at the same time-it's so sad. Poor Robbie. Poor Evan. Such confliction. But oh, SO HOT.

And PS-I like how you spell your name ;-)

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

definitely steamy....but so sad! poor robbie! but so realistic. this probably happens all the time, unfortunately.

jeannie
Where Romance Meets Therapy

Kayla said...

One word, wow!
Poor Robbie though.

Elana Johnson said...

This is so much more than kissing! And I want Jesse and I don't even know who he is!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Very steamy and enthralling scene--I want to read more!

Amalia Dillin said...

Wow! This was a great scene! I love how you use the reflection to take us through the R rated moment without taking away at all from the tension! This is really well done! Thanks for sharing!!

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

*fanning self* Oooo-la-la, girl! That was a steamy one! I really felt sorry for Robbie...you did a good job at showing his emotions on his face! Thanks for joining in this kissing party! You rocked it!

Jenni James said...

Ahem. Whew. *blush* *fanning self*

Nuff said.

Jenni James