**For my most up-to-date happenings, check out my Tumblr page: sararaasch.tumblr.com.**

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dream

Ya'll are FUNNY.

Reading your answers to the Q&A made my week so much brighter. Me thinks I may have to do a Q&A on a regular basis...*ponders*

Anyway, though -- I really loved getting to know all ya'll better, old readers and new. There's a lot of burgeoning talent out there ($10 word FTW!), and I can't wait to see where everyone's careers take them.

A lot of life events lately have served to remind me of how important big words like ASPIRATIONS and GOALS are (okay, the last one wasn't really a big word, but you get my point). I think I kind of take them for granted some times. I tend to assume that having drive and dreams are common things, what with all the awesome people I know who are also driven and dream-oriented.

Reality sets me right real quick, though. There are a lot of people in this world who WANT things, but don't do anything to make those wants become real. I've found myself surrounded by a lot of them lately, and let me tell ya, it's so DRAINING. Hearing these people talk about things they'd like to do but then just assuming they'll never do it, watching them WANT things but then not even trying to attain them, is one of the most infuriating things in the world. I want to shake them and scream at them and force them to achieve SOMETHING (and I have on, occasion. At least the screaming part), but that never really works. Aspiring and achieving goals is something that must be taught/earned on one's own. Like walking. You gotta fall on your own butt a few times before you really grasp the whole "walking" concept.

No matter how draining/infuriating/SAD it is being around these people, I always come away with slightly more drive to BE something. If not for me, then for them. To kind of prove that AMAZING things are possible. And even if me achieving something great doesn't phase them in the least, at least I'll have risen above their negativity and nothingness. At least I'll be able to look on my life and reminisce about the present I've made, not the past I left behind.

4 comments:

Jill Wheeler said...

You've come so far! I can't wait until everyone enjoy read SP and WLA!

rebel_of_nowhere said...

I liked the Q&A :)

I completely agree. It's so frustrating when you can see someone's potential, but they refuse to stop talking and start DOING something. It's almost worse than not having any dreams at all, because they'll always be wondering what would have happened if they followed them.

Having friends who are very motivated tends to help, though. It definitely rubs off.

Jill Wheeler said...

Ha ha. I am illiterate!

Jade said...

I know exactly how you feel. I can't understand how people can just let life past them by and not realise that anything is possible if they just try.